The Iraqi Civil Initiative
is launched by 90 Civil Society Organizations
- Organizing meetings with the political forces in order to find a common national platform to get out of the crisis.
- Encouraging dialogue between various social strata to contain the tension, and stop sectarian and ethnic agitation, in preparation for convening a broad national conference.
- Issuing an electronic information bulletin to inform the public opinion about the ongoing developments in a transparent manner without falsification.
- Holding a meeting with the representatives of the United Nations to exchange views, develop a support system for the political process and preserve the unity of Iraq.
- Contacting representatives of the diplomatic corps in Iraq to discuss the national affairs and to help contain the crisis and confront terrorism in accordance with international obligations.
- Mobilizing national, regional and international efforts and relief organizations to address the destructive effects of the armed conflict on civilians and the displacement of thousands of families to other areas lacking the most basic means of human life.